Preston Meier enters Concordia University Wisconsin to continue his lacrosse career

Thomas Hanson

Preston Meier signed on to play lacrosse at Concordia University- Wisconsin

Ava Wolfe, Writer

Senior Preston Meier, a three-sport athlete, has committed to Concordia University -Wisconsin, where he will continue his schooling and athletics. In addition to lacrosse, Meier also plays hockey and runs cross country. Meier was nominated as a senior captain for hockey, cross country, and lacrosse. Meier has been playing lacrosse since third grade, for nine years. Outside of sports, he is involved in National Honors Society, Younglife, DECA and Magnet. 

“I am excited to take my play to the next level and improve even more.

— Preston Meier

Meier is going to further his education at Concordia University Wisconsin to major in marketing and play Division III lacrosse. Meier plays midfield, which is a position required to play both offense and defense. “I love how I can play both ways and do things myself and take over the game” said Meier. He has been pondering whether to pursue lacrosse or cross country in college. Meier ultimately chose lacrosse as his collegiate sport since his brother plays lacrosse in college and it has always been his favorite sport. Meier said, “They have a strong program for my major and being able to play right away on the lacrosse team is great.” 

His dedication to sports and school is what makes him a leader, student and a great athlete. Meier has qualified for state in cross country three times; his sophomore, junior, and senior year. Last year, Meier received first team all section for lacrosse and was also a finalist for Junior Athlete of the Year. 

The Owatonna Boys Lacrosse team’s head coach is Scott Seykora. Seykora said, “He is the type of player that is so competitive and never wants to come off the field for a break. Preston also is a great student and a really good person.” Seykora said his skills rank as one of the top players in Owatonna Lacrosse history. Meier still has his senior year left to continue playing lacrosse this coming spring.