NHS Talent Show Preview

Maria Schwab, Writer

High school students of all ages love to bring their talents to life on stage at the annual NHS Talent Show. Every year, the Owatonna National Honor Society puts on a talent show and the money raised  goes towards a good cause. This year all the money raised will go towards Big Brothers -Big Sisters. 

BB-BS is a non-profit organization whose mission is to “create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth.” NHS adviser Ms. Gail Tratz said, “NHS members nominate and vote on the organization they want to raise money for. BBBS is an organization that students clearly believe in and want to support.” This is a good organization to donate to because a lot of students are actively involved in BB-BS and enjoy it. 

Raffle tickets are being sold during all lunches from March 9-11 for $1 each or six tickets for $5. During the talent show, these tickets will be drawn and the winners will receive a prize. Prizes include a Jostens ring, bagel bunch from Old Town Bagels, a Hat Chic gift basket, a Keurig, gift cards and more. 

Talented OHS students put on their best acts in hopes of winning first, second and third place. There are three judges that pick the winners each year. The judges this year are Mr. Adam Woitalla, Mr. Doug Wanous and Mr. Patrick Churchill. Senior NHS president Daniela Ortiz said, “I am excited to see all of the wonderful acts that we have this year.” Different acts can range from singing to dancing and more. 

The talent show brings together OHS students of all ages and shows off students talents that others might not have known they had. Junior NHS emencee Paiton Glynn said, “People should go watch the talent show not only to support a great cause, but to see the hidden talents of other students.” 

The NHS Talent Show will be Friday, March 11 at 7 p.m. Tickets are being sold by NHS members or at the door for $5 each.