Batman is back

Press Release Photo

The Batman, a new edition to DC in theaters now source: DC Comics

Dylan Maas, Writer

After what seems to be a long ten years, another Batman movie has hit the theaters and was released on March 4, 2022. The hype for this movie was definitely there as it was talked about by just about everybody.

Batman ventures into Gotham City’s underworld when a killer leaves behind a trail of clues. As the evidence begins to lead closer to home and the scale of the perpetrator’s plans becomes clear, he must make new relationships, unmask the culprit and bring justice to the abuse of power and corruption that has longed in the metropolis. Batman is not a superhero; he might have the suit, the style, and the act to be one, but he isn’t one. Batman is vengeance. OHS senior Casey Pederson said, “Batman has always been one of my favorite movies to watch growing up and I couldn’t wait to see it”. The plot of the movie has many people questioning what is going to happen next. There are many twists and turns but a person would have to see that for themselves.

Robert Pattinson plays the role of Batman and does a great job at it. Senior Nick Roberts said, “I like the way he plays the role of Batman. He does a great job fulfilling the expectations that the last Batman’s did.” After conducting a survey of students at OHS, the most common consensus was that the best Batman movie was The Dark Knight Rises. However, quite a few students said The Batman was better. Batman has had its legacy throughout the years and Matt Reeves, the director of The Batman, does a great job of creating a superhero-type, action-thriller movie for everyone to enjoy. 

Batman has come a long way, dating all the way back to 1966. The movies have changed in a lot of ways, from the main actor to different super-villains, but they always seem to go along the same storyline. This thrill will be showing at Northwoods Cinema 10.