Construction of new high school moving along smoothly

The+construction+phase+has+begun+on+the+new+high+school.+

Syd Hall

The construction phase has begun on the new high school.

Syd Hall, Writer

The new high school’s goal is to give students the opportunity to grow in every way they desire. The school will offer much more than the students are used to by giving them the opportunity to shine in each of their talents. OHS strives to encourage students to be involved and have fun through athletics, arts and academics. This new school will inspire students to be involved and make memories. Director of Buildings and Grounds Mr. Bob Olson said, “We have great education in Owatonna because of the people, the staff and students will benefit the most from the space in the new building. The space will be able to help students with all different learning styles and levels take advantage of those specialties and build opportunities from them.” The future of OHS arts, athletics and academics are going to benefit from the new school immensely. 

We have great education in Owatonna because of the people, the staff and students will benefit the most from the space in the new building. The space will be able to help students with all different learning styles and levels take advantage of those specialties and build opportunities from them.

— Bob Olson

The space and environment will also increase productivity and allow for numerous activities to be done at once. Strength Training Coach Mr. Jerry Eggermont said, “I am most excited about all the space that will allow us to allocate our large PE classes as well as having enough space for four or more PE classes at the same time rather than using the hallways currently.” Every student at OHS will feel like they have a place for all their interests and activities. 

The excitement within the current high school and the community of Owatonna grows each day as the construction of the new high school continues to advance. Principal Mr. Kory Kath said, “I think what I’m most excited for is to watch as students make it their own.” The students, staff, families and people of Owatonna cannot wait to make this new building their own and put it to use. If on track, the building will go up fall 2023.

This was originally published in the print edition on March 18, 2022