Schlauderaff commits to Gustavus

Thomas Hanson

Taylor Schlauderaff signing to continue her soccer career at Gustavus Adolphus College.

Parris Hovden, Writer

Senior Taylor Schlauderaff, a three-sport athlete has committed to Gustavus Adolphus college- Minnesota to further her education in psychology and continuing with her athletic career playing soccer. In addition to soccer, Schauderaff also played basketball and ran track at OHS. 

Schauderaff had other options to choose from for college but Gustavus was the one. Schauderaff said, “I chose Gustavus because I really like the community and the coaches were super nice and I liked their style of play.” Her positions will be defense/center back and she will be starting the season this fall. 

She started playing soccer in kindergarten. She has stuck with soccer for thirteen years now and still has years to come. Schlauderaff was captain of the OHS Girls Soccer Team as well as receiving all conference. Schlauderaff was pulled up to varsity for a couple games in her sophomore year. She has many memories while playing soccer, she said, ”My favorite soccer memory is beating Northfield in overtime to go to the section finals.”

Schlauderaff is an athlete who made a huge impact on the soccer team. Her hard work and dedication has gone a long way in all her sports. Head girls soccer coach Nate Gendron said, “Taylor is a true leader on and off the field. She sets the tone and example for others around her. Not only was she one of our most skilled defenders, she also had one of the best work ethics on the team and always put the team first.” Schlauderaff has always been one of those leaders that does not just play for herself, she plays for her team. 

Taylor is a true leader on and off the field. She sets the tone and example for others around her. Not only was she one of our most skilled defenders, she also had one of the best work ethics on the team and always put the team first.

— Coach Nate Gendron

She always has a smile on her face. She never steps down from a challenge and is always competitive. She was the foundation for the Owatonna Girls Soccer Team on defense and had the most confidence playing. Gendron said, “We often used Taylor to mark other teams top players to prevent them from scoring. Taylor was the core to where the play started and developed out the back.” Schlauderaff’s friends, family and coaches are all proud and cannot wait to watch her excel at the college level.