Ginskey’s leadership earns prestigious award

OHS+Triple+A+%28arts%2C+athletics%2C+academics%29+Award+nominee+senior+Connor+Ginskey+

OHS Triple A (arts, athletics, academics) Award nominee senior Connor Ginskey

Taylor Radsek, Writer

The Triple A award (Arts, Athletics, Academics) is an award that Minnesota high school seniors can apply for to highlight their excellence. The award is for students who are not only involved in academics, athletics and arts but succeed in many other activities and have a GPA of 3.0 or higher. OHS senior Connor Ginskey was selected as the state recipient for the Section 1AA Triple A award and then received the Minnesota State AAA award on April 5, 2022. The ceremony was at the State basketball tournament. Ginskey said he was very pleased to be selected as recipient. 

Ginskey’s classmates and coaches feel that he fully deserved the award. Cross Country and Track Coach Mr. David Chatelaine said, “Connor received it to recognize his dedication and commitment to the arts, academics and athletics at OHS as well as being outstanding in each of these areas. He is a well rounded individual and an exceptional young man.” Connor has been involved in track and cross country for six years and has exceeded each season. During his time, he has developed into one of the top cross country and middle distance runners in the Big 9 conference. He also qualified and participated in the 2021 MSHSL State Cross Country Meet.  

I was pretty surprised but also very honored. It’s exciting.

— Connor Ginskey

Connor has shown great leadership in school as a section leader for choir and president for DECA, as well as in sports by being a team captain for cross country and track. After graduating from OHS, Ginskey plans to attend Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska to study finance.