“The Price is Right” event at OHS helps students thrive

Contestants+get+excited+for+their+opportunity+to+play+a+game+of+The+Price+is+Right+in+the+OHS+auditorium.+

Norah Sletten

Contestants get excited for their opportunity to play a game of The Price is Right in the OHS auditorium.

Norah Sletten, Writer

On the evening of Sept. 18, OHS had its very own The Price is Right game inspired by the popular TV show. This event brought in plenty of contestants, and the money raised went back to the 761 Foundation. The collection of funds will help with scholarships and education enhancement. Located in the OHS auditorium, The Price is Right was a thrilling and exciting way to help schools within the district. 

Mr. Lucas Arndt, was one of the organizers for this fun evening. He and his brother had done the show previously in other settings and thought it would be a beneficial fundraiser for students in the community. Arndt said, “When I was on the board and we were talking about doing a fundraiser, I told them we have a show we can put on and potentially use it as a way to fund the schools.” The idea succeeded and ended up raising money while giving players the opportunity to go home with exciting prizes. 

To enter in the game, individuals had to pay $20 and be 18 years old or older. The community came together on this Saturday night, showing how much these contestants and the people of Owatonna care about the education of students. The event also featured an appearance from the OHS Robotics club to thank the 761 foundation for all they do for the district. Senior Lileigh Nguyen is a member of the club. She said, “The Robotics team is in-part funded by the ISD761 Foundation, so it was an honor to get to thank them for their contribution.” This foundation has helped programs across the district thrive and succeed. 

I love the amount of things our foundation gives money towards, not only specifically to students but to their schools and our district to do unique programming and give students great opportunities.

— Lucas Arndt

Companies showed their respect for the schools as well. The Price is Right was sponsored by businesses such as Federated Insurance, Owatonna Motor Company and Elks USA. Arndt said, “I love the amount of things our foundation gives money towards, not only specifically to students but to their schools and our district to do unique programming and give students great opportunities.” The 761 Foundation benefits many in the Owatonna community.

The fundraising for schools does not end here. Organizers are planning on showcasing more opportunities for the community to show their appreciation towards the school district for many years to come.