Success coach Ms. Julissa Garcia joins the OHS staff

Ms. Julissa Garcia is joining OHS this year as the new success coach. Ms. Garcia grew up in Arizona and she attended the Skyline High School and community college in Mesa, Arizona She previously taught at Burnsville High School as their front attendance clerk and this will be her first full official year being a success coach. Ms. Garcia said, “ I am excited to provide better service to students and parents that are struggling to find resources and making sure they do not feel alone.” Starting this year, Mr. Garcia will have the chance to interact with students and parents and make sure they know there are resources to assist them.

Ms. Garcia was inspired to become a success coach because she grew up in a hispanic culture and her father only spoke Spanish, which made it hard for him to communicate with the school. Ms. Garcia said, “ I knew growing up that I wanted to help parents like my dad and students like myself.” Ms. Garcia has always been interested in being a success coach and has never thought about being anything else. Sophomore Lazaro Jacobo said, “ Since day one when I met her she has been helping me with everything and talks me through things I might not understand and she is also very respectful with staff and students.” Ms. Garcia’s heart is set on helping others that need it and letting them know she is there for them. 

I know as much as I am here to help. I am also here to learn, and the more I learn, the better I will become at what I do and provide better services to students and parents.

— Ms. Julissa Garcia

Ms. Garcia is excited to be part of the Owatonna Huskies and being able to help out as much as possible. Ms. Garcia said, “ I know as much as I am here to help. I am also here to learn, and the more I learn, the better I will become at what I do and provide better services to students and parents.” Ms. Garcia is ready to take on challenges and build up a strong structure to support OHS. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her family. Her children are the most important thing in her life, she is a mother of 4 and does not get to see them often, so she enjoys spending time in nature as much as possible and with her kids. Students can find Ms. Garcia in the spanish wing in room C-309.

Magnet • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in