Hedlund evolves feelings through music

Ava flemke

OHS Senior Cali Hedlund proves musical talent throughout choir in OHS.

Ava Flemke, Writer

Senior Cali Hedlund has an enchanting musical gift that sweeps people off their feet. Hedlund is involved in Carolers and Concert Choir at the OHS. Hedlund says that she wishes that she was more involved in school activities, but cannot because of her involvement in PSEO and work. 

Hedlund has been involved in choir since seventh grade and used to sing at her local church. Hedlund said, “I think that music is just a really big part of my life.” She has really set a path for herself with music. Hedlund wants to go into music education because she wants to be a high school choir director. She recently got accepted into Gustavus Adolphus, but is still applying to other colleges. 

“I’m someone who feels my emotions very deeply and music is a way to express myself and feel my feelings when I don’t know how to.”

— Cali Hedlund

Music is often looked at as a way to express oneself. Music is important to Hedlund because it often serves as an emotional outlet. Hedlund said, “I’m someone who feels my emotions very deeply and music is a way to express myself and feel my feelings when I don’t know how to.” Music is very powerful and important in her life. Hedlund recently sang for OHS at the 2022 homecoming coronation and wowed the crowd with her musical gift. 

Hedlund really enjoys sharing her music and bonding with other people over songs and types of music. Hedlund said, “When you bond with someone over a song you like, it’s like an instant connection.” Hedlund says that she has made her own music in the past, but it’s not something that she loved, so she doesn’t anymore.

Cali Hedlund is very talented and has many achievements. OHS choir teacher, Paula Asmus says “Cali has a great drive and a big passion for music so a lot of people look up to her as a leader.” Hedlund’s talent makes a huge impact on many people, including students, staff, and other individuals in the community with her musical ability.