OHS students nominated for the AAA Award

Logo from AAA website

The Triple A Award acknowledges a male and female high school senior with a 3.0 or higher GPA who participates in League sponsored athletic programs and fine arts activities.

Kami Fitcher, Writer

The AAA(Triple A)award is an award that was established in 1988. The Triple A Award acknowledges a male and female high school senior with a 3.0 or higher GPA who participates in League sponsored athletic programs and fine arts activities such as theater, speech, and music. The top male and female students in the state, as determined by a points system, will be announced by MSHSL officials this upcoming spring. 

Senior Nils Gantert was chosen as the male AAA Award recipient.

Nils Gantert,senior at Owatonna High School, is the male nominee. Gantert is involved in soccer,basketball,tennis,choir, band,student council,NHS,DECA and SHOC. 

“I am honored to be nominated because I feel my hard work is finally paying off and being recognized by others.” Gantert said “I definitely plan to keep the same working habits I have now and to keep working hard in college.” 

After high school,Gantert will be attending the University of Minnesota to further his education in engineering. 

The female nominee is senior Annika Moran. Moran is involved in cross country,basketball,lacrosse,NHS, concert band and symphony orchestra.

“Receiving this nomination is a huge honor,”Moran said,“It means so much to me to be nominated for this award,it is truly an honor and I continue to prove that I deserved this award.” 

Senior Annika Moran was chosen as the female AAA Award recipient.

As the school year continues,Moran plans to keep working hard in school and staying organized.She wants to continue to have these same habits that have made her so successful.After high school,Moran will be attending Quincy University to further her academic and athletic career playing lacrosse. Moran is undecided for what she wants to study,but she really enjoys chemistry.

The winners of the Triple A Award will be announced this upcoming spring.