College sports games take over phones at OHS

Jackson DeGrood

OHS students playing college sports games on their mobile devices.

Jackson DeGrood, Writer

Mobile games are always a hot commodity among high school students. New games are always being released on the app store and everyone is eager to play. Right now, College Football Coach and Campus Dynasty are the trending games. CFC is a mobile game where the user gets to form a football team from a pool of players that have different advantages and disadvantages that affect the team.

The ultimate goal is to create a championship winning team through a grueling 12 game schedule. Campus Dynasty is a similar game with many basketball teams to choose from. The goal is similar: to put together a team that can make it through a long 30 game season and ultimately win the championship.

OHS students play this game to pass time during class when they have completed their work and are looking to lessen the boredom. It is a fun game and it is a customizable experience depending on what the user wants to do. If the user wants to dominate the game, they can pick a good team and choose the level of difficulty.

If they want a challenge, they can pick a worse team and play on a higher difficulty.

Junior Owen Smith said, “It is basketball and I enjoy it because I am a basketball player.” It is every basketball player’s dream to play college basketball and with this app, you have the opportunity to coach a college basketball team.

College Football Coach is also very well received. It has 2.7 thousand ratings and is rated 4.5/5 stars on the app store.

Junior Oran Dowling said, “It’s different from other games, where you can control and strategize with your own team.” He also enjoys it because he can play for ten minutes and will get through a full season.

Overall, both apps are trending among high school students because it is a quick and fun game. The customization and strategic elements to the game really add effects that other apps do not offer. It makes the player feel they are a part of the team and they can celebrate or brood with the vicissitudes of their team’s season.