OHS Adaptive Floor Hockey ends regular season

Sky Krenzelok

Freshman Joey Pool steals the puck from the other team.

Ethan Armstrong, Writer

Usually hockey is thought to be a cold sport played in an icy rink. However, the OHS Adapted Floor Hockey team would think of it much differently. Many of them would think of it as their favorite sport that they get to play in the gym.

Although these students love to compete, it isn’t all about winning.

Senior Alexis Talley said, “I play the sport because it’s fun and I have teammates that help me out.”

The team’s record this season is 0-7, but to many of them it is about spending time with their friends and making great memories. Talley said, “I have learned that playing isn’t about winning, it’s about coming together as a team.”

Coach John Scheil said, “I coach to help student athletes become well rounded individuals.” The players learn how to participate in a team environment, work together as a group, and come together as a team to win the game.

Coach Schiel said, “Along with this our players get some cool team gear and we like to have pizza parties.”

The players really have a great chance to connect with each other, while getting a chance to exercise.

Coach Schiel said, “Through building relationships with athletes I teach not only how to play floor hockey but how to work hard and how to be a good teammate.”

The Huskies next game is Wednesday, Feb. 22. The Huskies play the South Washington Thunderbolts at Park High School. This will be their final regular season game before sections.