A “Young and Beautiful” Prom

This year, Prom will be held on Saturday, May 10. The theme this year will be The Gatsby Ball, “Young and Beautiful.” The price of tickets is $20.00, and they will go on sale Monday,April 23. Tickets will be sold in the junior and senior commons. T-shirts and raffle tickets will also be sold sometime during April. Grand march will start at 7:00 p.m at the four seasons. Students should arrive around 6:30 p.m. to make sure they get in the right spot for the line-up. The sign-up for grand march has not been posted yet. The Prom dance will officially start at 9:00 p.m. following grand march, and will end at 12:00 a.m. After-Prom will follow immediately after, at the Owatonna Junior high school. If you are bringing a date who does not attend the OHS, student must fill out a form and have it approved, which can be picked up in the office. Marilyn Olson and Kendra Scheulter are the advisors of this year’s prom with seniors Anna Redman and Emily Emanuelson being the students in charge. Olson said, “Have fun and be safe to everyone that is going this year.” As for freshman and sophomores it has always been a school rule and tradition for only be juniors and seniors to be able to attend prom. Stay tuned for more announcements coming up.