Driving to a successful season

Quinn+Thompson+a+junior+captain+of+the+boys+golf+team.+

Blake Burmeister

Quinn Thompson a junior captain of the boys golf team.

Dez Nichols, Writer

After their first meet in Iowa, the boys golf season has officially kicked off. Owatonna is hoping to add pages to boys golf history with a lot of talent in this season’s roster. They are led by multiple captains including senior Blake Burmeister and junior Quinn Thompson Matthew Larson. 

Senior golf season is a big deal because it is the last year of high school golf in their careers. Many seniors set goals for their last year of highschool golf and hope to go out on a high note.

Senior captain Burmeister said, “My personal goals for the season are staying consistent every round. I would love to keep shooting in the 70s and also to stay strong mentally during every round.” 

Mr. Mark Langlois enters another season as head coach and seeks success in the Big 9 conference. 

All good high school teams come with a set of strengths as well as weaknesses.

Coach Langlois said, “Our captain leadership has done a great job early in the season. Players are coachable and willing to practice outside of our scheduled time. Also team chemistry, the players enjoy being around each other and push each other to be the best player and person they can be.” 

Team chemistry is also huge in any sport. With a good mix of team chemistry, big goals and hard work the golf team is excited for a statement season.

The next home meet for the boys golf team is Friday, April. 28 against the Academy of Holy Angels.