OHS tackles powderpuff

Upcoming+OHS+flag+football+powderpuff+information.+

Moll

Upcoming OHS flag football powderpuff information.

Molly Achterkirch, writer

This year’s 2022-23 Powderpuff game is on May 19 at 6-9 p.m. on the OHS practice field. Powderpuff is a school activity where girls play flag football for a night and the coaches are the boys football players of their grade. Powderpuff is a fun way to bring the school together where friends and family come to watch. Before the big game, the four teams will have practice once a week which consists of preparing a line up and running different plays to get ready for the big game.  

This year’s teams are Last Dance Seniors, Juvenile Juniors, Spiffy Sophomores and Fire Freshman. The first game of the night is Last Dance seniors vs. Fire freshman. Then the Juvenile juniors vs. Spiffy sophomores. Whoever wins plays the next round and it is a sudden death tournament. 

Senior player Macy Stanton says, ‘I am super excited to play, it is so fun to be with everyone and fun to have competitions with other grades.” 

Everyone has a really fun time playing and everyone loves to see the team shirts. 

The past years and this year the kids and parents all have an option to bring canned food for the foodshelf before the game and it is another great way to give back to the community. It is so fun to see at the end of the night how many cans OHS students and parents have collected. 

This year is a very memorable last powderpuff on the OHS practice fields.

Head coach of the Juvenile Juniors, Owen Beyer says, “Pretty cool to know that we are the last coaches to coach at this high school.”

Pretty cool to know that we are the last coaches to coach at this high school.

— Owen Beyer

Many memories have been made on these practice fields with powderpuff with wins and losses but OHS is very excited to host this event for the kids. Everyone is welcomed to come and watch on May 19 to see who takes the victory one last time on the field. 

This year There will be a taco food truck at the game for everyone to enjoy. Admission is $5 or a canned food item. Head of student council Wendy Eggermont said, ” I am looking forward to providing an opportunity for students to have fun and enjoy being together.”