Honoring the athletes of OHS

Athletic Awards Night- May 24th @5 p.m.

Ella Highfield, Writer

The OHS Activities department is excited to host the Annual Athletic Awards Ceremony next Wednesday, May 24 at the OHS Auditorium. The ceremony will begin at 5 p.m. Shortly after, they will announce the academic scholarships. This is open-house style and will last from 5:30 p.m. until 7 p.m. 

They will be recognizing the top three finalists for male/female Junior Athlete of the Year, male/female Oldenburg Senior Athlete of the Year, male/female Senior 110 percent recipients, “O” Club recipients and the MSHSL Excel and Triple “A” award winners. 

Marc Achterkirch said, “The Oldenburg Senior Athlete of the year award will receive $200 for both male and female winners.”

Athletes were nominated by one of their coaches and voted upon by the entire head coaching staff. This is an incredible honor for these athletes. Their hard work, determination and leadership abilities have elevated them to be among some of the very best athletes to participate at OHS. 

Achterkirch said, “Coaches will look at the nominees as for how many years they have been a part of varsity athletics, how many awards they have won and other accomplishments.” 

Media will be allowed to take pictures, as well as talk to students after the award ceremony.

Media partners are invited to join in recognizing the Athletic Award recipients on Wednesday, May 24 at 5:00 p.m. in the OHS Auditorium.

Congratulations to all the finalists!