83 °
    84 °
    83 °
    82 °
    81 °
    80 °
    80 °
    80 °
    79 °
    78 °
    77 °
    75 °
    74 °
    72 °
    71 °
    70 °
    71 °
    72 °
    73 °
    75 °
    76 °
    77 °
    78 °
    79 °
    79 °
June 24
84°/ 63°
June 25
80°/ 67°
Sunny
June 26
71°/ 58°

Aurora Sim is a junior this year at OHS, and this is her first year on Magnet. Aurora enjoys writing, reading, and dancing. Outside of school she is in Just For Kix dance studio and The Studio in Kasson....

Ella Williams is a senior at Owatonna High School, and this is her second year in Magnet. Williams has been a dancer at Just For Kix for 15 years and is involved in Big Brothers Big Sisters and YoungLife....

Anna Mollenhauer is a junior at OHS. This is her first year in Magnet. Mollenhauer is involved in girls hockey, soccer and golf. She is also involved in DECA, Young Life and 4-H. Outside of school Mollenhauer...

83 °
    84 °
    83 °
    82 °
    81 °
    80 °
    80 °
    80 °
    79 °
    78 °
    77 °
    75 °
    74 °
    72 °
    71 °
    70 °
    71 °
    72 °
    73 °
    75 °
    76 °
    77 °
    78 °
    79 °
    79 °
June 24
84°/ 63°
June 25
80°/ 67°
Sunny
June 26
71°/ 58°

Ella Highfield is a senior at OHS, and it is her second year on Magnet staff. Outside of school she dances for Just For Kix dance studio. She is also involved in YoungLife, DECA, Link Crew, SHOC and Thriving...

Afton Torabpour is a junior at the Owatonna High School and this is her first year being a part of OHS Magnet. She's a OHS Girls Swim and Dive captain, she is also involved in Track, DECA, Big Brother...

Metaphorical time capsule for the Class of 2024

Design by Jace Forcelle
A design representing the theme of the editorial, which is the celebration and encapsulation of OHS Class of 2024.

The Class of 2024 went through once-in-a-lifetime experiences. As our class moved into middle school, we were the first class to enter and graduate from the remodeled building. During our transition from middle school to high school as freshmen, we experienced the reemergence of COVID-19. As our academic careers come to an end at the new Owatonna High School, we are having another life changing experience. This class is the first to graduate from the new OHS, leaving a permanent mark on the future of education and, ultimately, our community.

Throughout Owatonna’s history, our community has supported education. In 1920, community members and students invested in the old OHS. 104 years later, through the hard work of school administration and the belief of our community, we were able to build and open a new OHS—providing new opportunities for students. 

As classes entered into the new OHS, we kept old traditions and built new ones, such as holding homecoming and After Prom at OHS. In the coming week, we have our graduation ceremony on Federated Field. 

Our class not only started new traditions but also fostered a newfound sense of community. Students are participating and attending sports events and school activities in unprecedented numbers. In this sense, the Class of 2024 has established the foundation of our new OHS. 

OHS students have forever shaped the future of the new OHS and, correspondingly, the community. Moreover, the Class of 2024 is graduating from OHS, which marks the beginning of a new journey. We should look back to our experiences, memories and accomplishments with pride and thank the teachers, administrators and mentors who helped us become who we are today.

Class of 2024, take the power of transforming the future of our community into creating your own future—and remember it all started in Owatonna.

This editorial was originally published in the May Print Edition.

Magnet Staff
Magnet Staff, OHS Tradition
We are an eclectic group of: Photographers, Critical Thinkers, Writers, Graphic Designers, Dreamers, Sometimes Snarky, Netflix Binge-ers, Coffee Addicts, Sports Fans, Prideful Owatonnas. Mostly, we are a family.  If interested in joining, stop by the Newsroom in B 103. Thanks for reading.