Ready to Dance

October 3, 2014

Ava Stockwell

Junior Jake Borchert waits for the snap

One of the highlights of homecoming every year is the football game.  On Friday, the 4-1 Huskies take on the 3-2 Rochester Mayo Spartans.  Coming off an impressive 42-7 win in Austin last Friday, the Huskies are ready to continue their success into Friday nights’ game.  Excluding the game against a very good Mankato West team, the Huskies have almost doubled the points their opponents have scored against them.  The Huskies offense has actually been very successful this year, as well as their defensive front.  The one thing that has hampered this team at times is allowing teams to throw well on them, as well as more big plays then head coach Jeff Williams would like.  ¨The one thing we’ve figured out this year is that we will be fine if we limit the opponents ability to throw the ball well and stop the big plays.  Our offense can move the ball and score points,¨ said Williams.  The team is also focused on its game plan. Senior Justin Tacheny said,¨We just need to play our game and execute everything that we can control.  We just need to play Owatonna football.¨

As far as the homecoming atmosphere, the team is looking forward to all the fans who will surely be packed in.  ¨Homecoming is always fun, the stadium is packed.  We will be ready to be on top of our game,¨ said Williams.  The team isn’t stressed out by the added attention though.  ¨There isn’t any more pressure, but the excitement is way higher because everyone is pumped up and the fans are crazy,¨ said Tacheny,  ¨The team may be pretty nervous but that all goes away when we walk onto the field.¨  Sounds like the Huskies are confident they won’t let Owatonna down Friday night.

Magnet • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in