Final Sprint

October 15, 2014

Junior Hannah Cochlin runs at the Ev Burg meet

The girls cross country season is quickly coming to a close. “We have been running well all season and we had a lot of girls who have dropped time this year,” said coach Dan Leer. The end to a season is always hard. Sophomore Ellie Boisen said, “The season has been going great and it has been a lot of fun. Cross country is more than just having a race once a week. It is about becoming a family, seeing each other in post-run disgustingness, and eating together at our spaghetti suppers. When we get together as a family, we push each other to run to the best of our ability, and I’m going to miss the feeling of our togetherness.”

With only one meet left, all of the girls’ training throughout the season will be put to the test. “Everyone improves in some way with each race, whether it’s a mental or physical improvement, and I look forward to seeing how this final race turns out,” says Boisen. On Tuesday, the cross country team had their Big 9 conference meet at Brooktree Golf Course.  The girls’ junior varsity got second place out of 12 teams with three of their girls placing in the top 16.  The girls varsity got tenth place overall with senior captain Jackie Warehime finishing in the top 15. They will finish off their season at home on Thursday, October 23, during sections.