2015 Spring Events

At the end of the school year, there are several spring events to attend to round out the year at OHS, and there are many other things to be thinking about.

The first event to take place will be Graduation Commencement speaker tryouts for any and all interested students. These will take place on May 14, at 2:40 p.m. in the Small Group Forum.

On May 18 and 19, the OHS Magnet will be hosting the Senior Farewell during all lunches in the Small Group Forum. This is an opportunity for ALL seniors to say good-bye to people and things they will miss as they move on in their lives. These pictures will be a part of the Senior Video.

The next event is the annual, and much loved, OHS Pops Concert. This will take place in the OHS Gymnasium on May 19, at 7:00 p.m.HYPERLINK

Later, on May 27, is the Academic and Scholarship Awards ceremony. The reception is at 6:00 p.m. in the OHS Commons, and the program begins at 6:30 p.m. in the OHS Auditorium.

All of these events lead up to the day seniors have been waiting for- June 1. This is the last day of high school for the senior class. The senior class will be dismissed during fourth hour to gather in gym for their last moments together. The senior video will shown and the OHS Magnet print edition will distributed.

On June 2, seniors will be getting ready to claim their diplomas at 11:00 a.m. during a Graduation practice at Four Seasons Arena. The rest of the student body will remain in school.

The last day of school for all students will be on June 3. By this point, all seniors will be ready for the Graduation Concert and Commencement.

Celebrations for the senior class will begin over the weekend. The Graduation Concert is on June 6, at 8:00 p.m. at St. John Church. Concert Choir will be performing. Then on Sunday, Commencement will occur on June 7, at 2:00 p.m. at Four Seasons Arena. Seniors should arrive in their caps and gowns at 1:00 p.m. in the Owatonna Curling Club building, which is next to the Four Seasons building.

As students become weary of their time in school, there may still be some penalties that have not been taken care of. It is very important to resolve these issues, especially for the graduating class. Unserved detentions, unpaid fines and other miscellaneous items must be taken care of before seniors can walk.
As the end of the school year approaches quickly, seniors have a lot on their plate. However, it important to take a few moments and savor the remaining time.