The Success Of Key Club

Matt Summer, writer

There are many great clubs at the Owatonna High School. One club all students should consider joining is Key Club. Key Club is sponsored by the local chapter of the Kiwanis organization. Kiwanis is an international service club founded in 1915 in Detroit, Michigan. Each year, Kiwanis clubs raise more than $100 million to strengthen communities and serve children.

Key Club focuses on volunteering locally in the community. Different organizations reach out to students with opportunities for volunteering and serving. Students can choose which organization they want to serve.These organizations include Meals on Wheels, Feed my Starving Children, Food Shelf, and many other great organizations.
Key Club is gearing up for the Feed My Starving Children Owatonna Pack. If students are interested in joining, they should stop by Ms. Herr`s classroom in C201. Ms. Herr, the advisor of Key Club said, “Bring a friend if you want to join because sometimes just having someone else with them makes volunteering less scary for high school students.” So, grab a friend and sign up for a great club and many service opportunities at the Owatonna High School. Key Club meets every other weeks on Mondays and Tuesdays.