It’s the “Desperate Hours” at OHS

Carline Reebie, Writer

It is time for the Owatonna High School fall play. The play is taken from a novel by Joseph Hayes. In 1955, the novel was re-written into a film starring Humphrey Bogart and Fredric March. In the OHS production, the play will star seniors Colton Heilman as the father of the family, and Ethan Pick as convict Glenn Griffin.

The show involves a suspenseful home invasion set in the 1950s. Escaped convicts hold an average family hostage while waiting for funds to aid their escape. As the police slowly track down the convicts, a dangerous game plays out. The show is directed by OHS teacher, Mr. Erik Eitrheim.  About Pick’s part, Eitrheim said, “His performance is outstanding and shows his stage experience and talent.”

The crew consists of 15 cast members and several crew members, including stage manager Erin Ackerman. This will be first show of the 2015-2016 OHS school year. However, this is definitely not Mr. Eitrheim’s first production. He has directed three plays each year at the OHS since 2000, accumulating a total of 46 shows, 14 of which were musicals. Get ready for an intense show that never loses tension. Showings will be on Nov. 12, 13 and 14, at 7:00 P.M. and at 1:30, on Oct. 15. The cast and crew hope to see you at one of the several showings of The Desperate Hours this weekend!