Ask Maggie: How do I deal with being bullied?

Taking your questions, OHS

Hello dear readers!

Because I do not have any particular expertise in this area,  I have enlisted the help of Mrs. Nancy Williams to help in answering this question. Here is her advice:

If you feel that you are being bullied, do not keep it to yourself, talk to an adult that can help.  Often parents are a good place to start but in addition to letting parents know, please come to talk to one of the guidance counselors, school social worker, or a principal in the office.  All are equipped to assist you in dealing with this issue.  No student should feel scared to come to school for fear of being put down or made fun of.  If you are not comfortable talking to a counselor, talk to any adult in the school and they will help you share your concerns with people who can help and support you.