62 °
    61 °
    62 °
    65 °
    66 °
    69 °
    72 °
    74 °
    75 °
    75 °
    75 °
    75 °
    75 °
    74 °
    74 °
    74 °
    73 °
    73 °
    73 °
    73 °
    73 °
    75 °
    76 °
    78 °
    79 °
June 17
75°/ 61°
Moderate rain
June 18
82°/ 66°
Moderate rain
June 19
67°/ 54°
Moderate rain

Ruby Garza is a senior at Owatonna High School and this is her third year on the Magnet staff. The reason Garza decided to continue being in Magnet was because she has enjoyed her experience in the class...

Luca Gfrerer is a senior at OHS. This is her second year being a part of Magnet. Gfrerer decided to join Magnet because she has an interest in journalism and wants to improve her writing skills. She is...

Owen Smith is a senior at OHS this year, this is his first year in Magnet. He joined Magnet because he wants to be a voice for the student body of OHS and enjoys writing about sports. Smith is involved...

62 °
    61 °
    62 °
    65 °
    66 °
    69 °
    72 °
    74 °
    75 °
    75 °
    75 °
    75 °
    75 °
    74 °
    74 °
    74 °
    73 °
    73 °
    73 °
    73 °
    73 °
    75 °
    76 °
    78 °
    79 °
June 17
75°/ 61°
Moderate rain
June 18
82°/ 66°
Moderate rain
June 19
67°/ 54°
Moderate rain

Ramla Yussuf is a junior this year at OHS. This is her first year in magnet. In school, Yussuf is involved in Student Council, SHOC, Key Club, DECA and Link Crew. Outside of school she likes reading, watching...

Asha Abdi is a sophomore this year at OHS. This year she is getting more involved with the extracurricular activities at school and joined DECA, Magnet, AVID, Orchestra, and Track. Outside of school, Abdi...

Joe Zeman is a junior at OHS. This is his first year on the Magnet staff. Zeman is involved in soccer, tennis, concert choir and DECA. For work, he is a referee for both Park & Rec soccer and the Owatonna...

Governor Tim Walz tours new OHS

On Friday, October 13, The Owatonna High School was visited and toured by Governor Tim Walz. Walz was in Owatonna for the MN Governors Home Pheasant Opener, after the opener he took time to tour the new OHS with Principal Kory Kath and Superintendent Jeff Elstad. Later, Governor Walz was a part of the coin toss at the Huskies Football game.  Walz marks the third official visit from the governor’s office to OHS since August, with the first being First Lady Gwen Walz and recently Commissioner of Education Willie Jett.

Jose Rosas
Jose Rosas, Editor-in-Chief
Jose Rosas is a senior at the OHS this year. This is his third year in Magnet. He joined because he enjoyed journalism his freshman year and thought Magnet would be a fun learning experience. Outside of school, Rosas is involved in DECA, BBBS, SHOC, Link Crew, Owatonna Thriving Minds, student of the month and soccer. Rosas hobbies include spending time with friends and family, spending time outside and working on a couple of projects. Rosas future plans include finishing high school and going to a four year college to pursue a degree in Bio-Medical engineering. Rosas is looking forward to an awesome year of Magnet.