Senior scholarship send off

Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior scholarship send off

Lauren Arthur

As the 2017-2018 school year is coming to a close, the Owatonna community is focused on the future of its graduating OHS students, and for the incoming seniors to make their senior year great. The annual scholarship and awards night is time taken to celebrate the accomplishments of the students at the Owatonna High School during the school year.

Preceding scholarship night was thee athletic banquet. Sydney Kretlow and Jason Williamson were awarded Junior Athlete of the Year, Peyton Robb and Margo Achterkirch were Senior Athlete of the Year, Hannah Gebauer and Braeden Meier received the AAA award, and Elana Dant earned the Excel Award.

This year a over $600,000 was award to Owatonna High School students with the hope to help further their educational paths. Some of the most notable scholarships went to Bryce Knutson and Greta Jacobson who were awarded the equivalent of a full ride to college. Senior Madison Bissonette said, “It was fun to see my peers thriving, and I was impressed to see how many of peers are becoming successful and will go on to do great things.” Chords for distinction and high distinction were also awarded to seniors who met the GPA requirement.

Good luck to all the graduating seniors and congratulations to anyone acknowledged at the Scholarship and Awards Program.

Lauren Arthur, Social Media Editor

Lauren Arthur is in a plethora of school activities but she spends most her time doing the hobbies of a grandmother. Those hobbies include quilting, gardening...

• Senior scholarship send off

Student Life

Caroling caroling through the town

• Senior scholarship send off

A Very Merry Netflix

• Senior scholarship send off

Sports

The final countdown

• Senior scholarship send off

OHS Counselors reach out a helping hand

• Senior scholarship send off

Sports

Back to the hardwood