Gracie Abrams, Hozier, Lana Del Rey and others coming out with new music

Various+artists+came+out+with+new+music+this+past+month.+

Sadie Fox

Various artists came out with new music this past month.

Andres Contreras, Writer

In the past, present and future several artists have been coming out with a variety of new music and albums. These artists include Fall Out Boy, Gracie Abrams, Hozier, Lana del Rey, Metallica and Pink Floyd. 

Gracie Abrams came out with a new album, “Good Riddance” on Feb. 24. Hozier released a new album on his birthday featuring three new songs, the album was called “Eat Your Young”, and was released on March 17.

Lana Del Rey will be coming out with a new album, “Did You Know There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd”, on March 24. Fall Out Boy also has a new album coming out March 24, this album will be called “So Much (for) Stardust”, and will be featuring Ethan Hawke. Pink Floyd will be coming out with a new album on March 24, the album will be called “The Dark Side of the Moon 50th Anniversary.” Lastly, Metallica will be coming out with an album on April 14, and will be called “72 seasons.”

This far critics have only said good things about Gracie Abrams new album, “Good Riddance”. Abrams’ album is very emotional and heart wrenching due to her last break up with her ex boyfriend, Blake Slatkin. Isabella Miller from CLASH says, “Across its 12 tracks, ‘Good Riddance’, is a deeply confessional offering, with decadent melodies and production that platform her distinctive vocal.” Abrams’ album was filled with sad music, leaving the tone throughout to be very depressing.

Several students at Owatonna High School have listened to and loved Abrams’ new album including juniors Aubri Werk and Ella Heyne. Werk said, “I really enjoyed the album, I can tell that she put a lot of work and effort into it. Listening to the album made me very emotional, the album was very relatable which I liked.” Werk is excited to have the opportunity to hear Abrams when she is opening for Taylor Swift at her concert in June. 

I stayed up the night it came out just to listen to the album, I cried when I heard it. I’ve been a Gracie Abrams fan for over a year and felt like this album portrayed her message in which she wanted to own up to her faults very well

— Ella Heyne

Abrams’ album has made people emotional and has given them a way to relate and express their feelings. Heyne said, “I stayed up the night it came out just to listen to the album, I cried when I heard it. I’ve been a Gracie Abrams fan for over a year and felt like this album portrayed her message in which she wanted to own up to her faults very well.” People like Heyne have felt the same way, the album has moved them and it has spoken to them. 

Other critics have disagreed with Miller’s rating and have decided it is not as good as she thinks. Grace Koennecke from The Post  said, “At 12 tracks, ‘Good Riddance’ is not necessarily a bad first album from Abrams, but shows that pop influences from the musicians and producers around her may be hindering their emotional depth and variety as a singer. While the singer has a few important moments of reflection and vulnerability throughout and is honest with her audience, it seems that Gracie Abrams still lacks her voice at its most authentic.” Abrams has also announced that she will be going on tour in North America from March 7 throughout April 10. She will even go as far as opening for Taylor Swift in her new Eras tour in selected cities. 

Hozier came out with three new songs in his album, “Eat Your Young”. Erin Staffors from IDS says, “With decadent production, daring allusions to literature and boundless storytelling, “Eat Your Young” marks the folksy Irishman’s glorious return to music. Through bursts of eclectic poetry and ethereal harmonies, Hozier proves once again that lyrics are just as important to the cohesivity of an artist as the music.” Although the album was just three songs so far critics and listeners have only said good things about it. 

Fall Out Boy’s new album “So Much (for) Stardust” will have 13 new tracks. Lana Del Rey’s new album will be called “Did You Know There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd” and will have 16 new songs. Metallica’s album “72 seasons” will have 12 new songs. Lastly, Pink Floyd’s new album, “The Dark Side of the Moon 50th Anniversary”, will include 10 new songs. All these albums will be released at the end of March.