Summer jobs

Summer+Opportunities

Summer Opportunities

Allen Esquivel

As the school year is coming to an end, students are busy figuring out what their plans are for the summer. For many of students, summer is a jam packed season between sports, time with family and friends, summer camps and most importantly jobs. Working during the summer is a great opportunity for teenagers to make money for different things they can do during the summer or to help pay for post secondary education while gaining practical experience for a future career. Below is a list of possible summer jobs for students who are looking to add something to their schedule.

• Owatonna Motor Company – Hiring part-time position and looking for someone to help in their front offices on Saturdays 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Owatonna Motor Company requires an outgoing personality that is willing to welcome customers, answer phones and help with office filing.
  • Mills Fleet Farm – Offers positions such as cashier or sales floor associate. Job responsibilities include, ensuring each customer receives excellent customer service, promote company programs and have basic knowledge of store products. Offers competitive pay and based on experience.
  • Walmart – Looking for employees who are willing to work hard and meet expectations. Hiring in different departments such as cashier or greeter. Offers $11.00 an hour for a starting wage.
  • Target – Target is one of the world’s most recognized brands and is one of America’s leading retailers. Looking to hire team members in various departments such as: electronics, apparel and accessories, beauty and guest service attendant. Offers up to $12.00 an hour starting wage.
  • Family Dollar – Looking for summer service representative. Responsibilities include providing exceptional service to customers, assisting and maintaining a clean and well stocked store and unloading merchandise form delivery trucks.
  • Perkins Restaurant and Bakery – Hiring cooks and servers. Responsibilities include serving and greeting consumers, performing all duties to maximize guest satisfaction and work as directed by kitchen manager.
  • Kwik Trip – Kwik Trip has been rated as a top workplace for several years running. The workplace offers a variety of career paths, and is currently hiring guest service co-workers and assistant food service leader. Offers from $11.60 an hour.
  • Hy-Vee – Hiring checkers who provide prompt and friendly service to customers and assist then when necessary. Responsibilities include operating cash registers and the duties which correspond.
  • Fareway, stores Inc. – Responsibilities include; part-time grocery clerk, support and assist the grocery departments through various tasks, unload products off trucks, restock shelves and respond to cashier duties.
  • Cash Wise Foods – Looking  for cashiers and a Deli Merchandiser. Part-time positions with day and evening shifts available, and with rotating weekends. Deli Merchandiser responsibilities and duties include: preparing foods in accordance with department needs and company recipes, assist guest and operating equipment such as slicer, wrapping and cooking equipment.

For students 18 years and older looking for a more stable job, some options are listed below

• Lowe’s Inc. – Responsibilities include responding to customer inquiries and providing support throughout their shopping. Requires morning, afternoon and or evening availability for any day of the week. Also requires the physical ability to move large, bulky and/or heavy merchandise.
  • McNeilus Truck and Manufacturing – Located in Dodge Center, and is looking for production apprentice, Material handler and assembler Production Apprentice who will support the production workforce in various spaces. Must be able to safely use assembling equipment by following detailed instructions from supervisors and trainers. Offering up to $1500 sign on bonus.
  • Viracon – Summer employees needed. Requirements; must be 18 years and older,  have the willingness to work alternating weekend shifts, ability to lift 20 lbs. frequently and lift 50-75 lbs. occasionally. Offering up to $1500 sign on bonus.
  • Doherty staffing solutions – Doherty is currently partnering with a leading supplier in the iron industry located in Owatonna, MN. They are currently seeking a machine operator on their third  shift. Pays starts at $15.00 an hour.
  • AmesburyTruth – Looking to hire a material handler for their first shift. Responsibilities include; Coordinating the flow of the quality product from the department, ensuring proper quantities of product as directed by company approved shop order and ensuring product is running through lanes correctly. Pays $14.83 to $21.41 an hour depending on experience.
  • Bosch Group – Hiring equipment assembler which requires; accountable for the set-up, assembly and packaging of product, continually monitoring methods, processes and uses correct procedures to ensure departmental goals are being met. Also hiring machine operators for second shift, which Pays $19.04/hr. Plus $0.65 Shift Premium. This role would require that you will manufacture high-quality products that meet customer and design specifications, meeting production schedules and being responsible for forging of product.
  • Wenger Corporation  – Wenger Corporation provides best-in-class, family-friendly scheduling for our manufacturing team. Flexible hours  include four 10-hour shifts and overtime Fridays. Currently hiring custom product technician for first shift, duties include performing routine materials inspection/handling, routine machine operations and basic quality control, and packing/shipping, required to operate the different saws, drills, welders, punches and also assemble other products produced in the area.