The force gets stronger

Press Release Photo

Source: Star Wars.com The Last Jedi was the number one movie of the week

Dom Nelson, Writer

Star Wars is a movie franchise filled with swords made out of lasers, guns that shoot lasers, and well, starships that also shoot lasers. It stretches to more than just that though. There is indeed a plot line that follows through each trilogy of movies. The Star Wars is an iconic movie franchise that launched in 1977 with Episode IV: A New Hope. Directed by George Lucas and starring Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford. The movies span by trilogies. With episodes four through six as the original trilogy, episodes one through three as the prequels, and in 2017 we have been introduced to episodes VII and VIII. The Force Awakens was released two years ago into theaters, and the highly anticipated Episode VIII: The Last Jedi has just been released this past Thursday, Dec. 14, 2017.

Warning: spoilers for episode VII ahead.

The eighth installment into the franchise is directed by J. J. Abrams and starring Daisy Ridley, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, John Boyega, Adam Driver, and Oscar Isaac. The movie starts out relatively slow but progresses into an exciting and enjoyable movie filled with fantastic special effects, and a phenomenal music score (as always). Not only do I praise this film, but it was a highly praised film by movie reviewers alike. Garnering a 92% on Rotten Tomatoes, and an 8.4/10 on IMDb. The Last Jedi picks up where Episode VII left off, with Rey (the new trilogy’s main character) discovering Luke Skywalker on a deserted island. Skywalker had been missing for years, due to his Jedi temple being attacked by one of his own students. Audiences were left compelled by the ending and thirsty for more.

Episode VIII does not disappoint. It stays true to the movie franchise and satisfies all true fans of the series. It keeps many of the qualities that Star Wars fans love. The sound effects, the music score, the special effects, the classic transitions, and returning actors from previous movies. The audience is left pleased with an exciting new installment, and are already waiting for the last film of the new trilogy to arise.

I found this film truly entertaining and a great watch. I’d give it a 8.8/10.