OHS celebrates snow week Feb. 20-24

Ava Flemke, Writer

Snow week is a great time for OHS to come together. Snow week is packed with all kinds of fun activities. There will be many opportunities for students to participate in activities both in and out of school. 

To kick off the week, there will be a pep fest in the OHS gym on Monday, Feb. 20. The top five candidates for kings and queens will be performing skits in an attempt to win the crown. OHS junior Gracyn Durand said, “My favorite part of snow week is definitely the top five skits. I love seeing what everyone comes up with and it always makes everyone laugh.”

The snow week top twelve was  announced on Wednesday, Feb. 1. The queen candidates are: Haley Abrahams, Lauren Bangs, Riddi Bhakta, Kaitlin Bruessel, Ella Hayes, Cali Hedlund, Ashley Holm, Emily Jacobs, Skylar Krenzelok, Emma Myer, Grace Nirk, Logan Norrid, Emily Schmidt and Ava Stanchina. The king candidates are Teagun Ahrens, Benjamin Bangs, Henry Bon, Blake Burmeister, Jonathan Clubb, Alec Harris, Drew Henson, Owen Korbel, Cole Piepho, Coda Richardson, Cael Robb, Jerome Stransky and Ty Svenby. 

OHS Student Council has prepared activities and dress up days that will take place throughout the week. After the boys basketball game on Saturday, Feb. 18, OHS will host a snow week dance from 9 p.m. that will go until 11:59 p.m. Bring $5 and your student ID for entrance.

On Monday, Feb. 20, OHS will have the coronation pepfest during the school day and in the evening, boys will participate in powderbuff, which is the boys version of powderpuff. They will be playing volleyball from 8-10:30 at OHS. On Tuesday, girls basketball will play in the OHS gym at 7:30 p.m. Family Feud will take place in the OHS auditorium at 8 p.m. On Friday, Shrek the Musical opens at 7 p.m. 

There will be a different dress up day for each day of the week. Monday is PJ day, Tuesday is Hawaiin, Wednesday is college wear, Thursday is twin and Friday will be jersey day. Throughout the week, there will be activities, slushies, games, and music during all lunches and a big medallion hunt with clues. 

Snow week brings opportunities for fun throughout the high school for all to enjoy. OHS teacher, Ms. Heather Elfring said, “I hope all students are able to come out to a few activities and participate during the week! Student Council has been working hard to put on a variety of events so hopefully you can find one that you’ll enjoy.” From slushies to scavenger hunts, OHS is doing it all. The OHS Top 5 will be announced on Feb. 8.